Angela Watkinson’s voting in Parliament
Angela Watkinson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Angela Watkinson’s votes.
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angela Watkinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angela Watkinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angela Watkinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Does my hon. Friend agree that property prices are an element in the formula that must be taken into consideration, particularly in areas such as the London Borough of Havering, which is right on the outside of outer London? Teachers there are paid the outer London allowance, but property prices are very high. Often newly qualified teachers who apply for jobs in our schools find that they...
More of Angela Watkinson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hornchurch and Upminster
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Upminster
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Speech Therapists
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- European Constitution
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Fire Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 8 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (10 May 2005 to 10 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (1 Jun 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (23 May 2002 to 9 Jan 2003)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (7 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2002)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from