Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust is working really hard to get out of special measures. We have a new chief executive and a new chairman who are paying particular attention to the recruitment of nurses and improving the efficiency of the appointment system. Will my right hon. Friend join me in congratulating Barking, Havering and Redbridge Trust on improving the...
I thank the hon. Lady for allowing me to intervene. I hope she will also allow that the Secretary of State was sorely provoked. If we are going to look at the behaviour of one person, we need to look at the behaviour of others who took part in that exchange.
The DWP is delivering the biggest welfare reforms for a generation, improving services for claimants and cutting costs concurrently. The objectives are: to control the costs of welfare; to get as many people as possible into or back to work; to strengthen incentives to work by making it pay; to support people who need welfare; and to be fair to the taxpayer. Benefits have been capped so that...
More of Angela Watkinson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hornchurch and Upminster
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Upminster
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Speech Therapists
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- European Constitution
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Fire Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Whip, Whips (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Local Government Affairs & Communities (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Education (6 Jul 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Watkinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 271 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor : Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets to the Chelsea Flower Show
on 22 May 2013 and associated hospitality. Total value £1,260
Date of receipt of donation: 22 May 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: April 2013
Donor status: company, registration number 01501573
(Registered 12 June 2013)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and meals; cost £1,116
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 6-11 September 2013
Purpose of visit: to attend National Day Celebrations.
(Registered 31 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.