Given the composition of the new Government in Sri Lanka, what can our Minister say on his visit there to persuade them to sign up to the Rome statute establishing the International Criminal Court?
Does my hon. Friend agree that one important thing that the Sri Lankan Government need to do is to change the constitution to allow retrospective legislation so that past atrocities can be investigated?
I draw Members’ attention to my entry in the Register of Members’ Financial Interests. I thank the hon. Member for Glasgow North (Ann McKechin) for allowing me to make a brief contribution during her debate—doubly so, because she did not withdraw her permission when I told her that I was going to disagree with her. Similarly, I thank the Minister. I speak as a lifelong...
More of Angela Watkinson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hornchurch and Upminster
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Upminster
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Speech Therapists
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- European Constitution
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Fire Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 8 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Whip, Whips (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Local Government Affairs & Communities (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Education (6 Jul 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Watkinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 277 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: JTI
, Gallaher Ltd
Address of donor: Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for Chelsea Flower Show
to a total value of £1,404.
Date of receipt of donation: 20 May 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 20 May 2014
Donor status: company, registration 01501573
(Registered 18 June 2014)
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation; cost £980
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2014
Purpose of visit: to celebrate National Gibraltar Day with the Governor.
(Registered 14 October 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from