How Angela Watkinson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when Angela Watkinson votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Angela Watkinson occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Would the hon. Gentleman acknowledge that people in work who are just above the threshold and therefore not entitled to any benefits have to choose to live in an area and a size of property that they can afford? Is it not only fair that people in receipt of taxpayer-funded benefit should have to make those same decisions?
I am most grateful. I am very pleased to report that I have not had one complaint from a constituent with a disability who has been asked to move property, and I have great confidence in my local authority. Does the hon. Gentleman agree that an adaptation to a property could range from a handrail going up to the front door for somebody who needs to get up some steps, which would not affect...
More of Angela Watkinson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hornchurch and Upminster
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Upminster
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Speech Therapists
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- European Constitution
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Fire Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 8 Sep 2014)
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Whip, Whips (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Local Government Affairs & Communities (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Education (6 Jul 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Watkinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 272 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: JTI
, Gallaher Ltd
Address of donor: Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for Chelsea Flower Show
to a total value of £1,404.
Date of receipt of donation: 20 May 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 20 May 2014
Donor status: company, registration 01501573
(Registered 18 June 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and meals; cost £1,116
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 6-11 September 2013
Purpose of visit: to attend National Day Celebrations.
(Registered 31 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from