Thank you, Mr Deputy Speaker. To conclude, when he winds up the debate, I hope that the Minister will indicate that an induction course for new Members after the 2015 general election will be put in place.
I support the principle of the Bill: to enable the recall of MPs between general elections if they are considered to have conducted themselves in a grossly unacceptable or inappropriate manner that has led either to a custodial sentence or a suspension from the House of Commons for a period of at least 21 sitting days. Sentences of more than 12 months already lead to automatic...
Given the increased complexity of the spectrum of pensions and the new shared-risk schemes, will sufficient information be available to pension savers about what will happen under certain circumstances, such as their wanting to exit a scheme and join a different one or their deciding to retire early and remove their savings from a scheme? Will that information be included in the terms and...
More of Angela Watkinson's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hornchurch and Upminster
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Upminster
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Speech Therapists
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- European Constitution
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Fire Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 8 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Whip, Whips (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Local Government Affairs & Communities (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Education (6 Jul 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Watkinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 273 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: JTI
, Gallaher Ltd
Address of donor: Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for Chelsea Flower Show
to a total value of £1,404.
Date of receipt of donation: 20 May 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 20 May 2014
Donor status: company, registration 01501573
(Registered 18 June 2014)
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation; cost £980
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2014
Purpose of visit: to celebrate National Gibraltar Day with the Governor.
(Registered 14 October 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from