The Improved Access to Services Project Board agreed the high-level schedule for the migration of parliamentary e-mail boxes to Microsoft 365. The more detailed decision on which days to migrate the e-mail boxes of hon. Members and hon. Members' staff was taken by the project team, overseen by the Director of Parliamentary ICT, taking into account factors such as: mailbox access rights (so...
In the period 22 June to 16 July, 3,482 mailboxes assigned to hon. Members and their staff had been migrated. In that period, PICT logged 766 cases from hon. Members and their staff—either by phone or at PICT Local—directly related to issues resulting from the migration of their mailboxes. Parliamentary ICT (PICT) acknowledges that the implementation has not been as simple and...
The information is as follows. (a) Parliamentary ICT (PICT) estimates that, following the migration of a user’s mailbox to Microsoft 365, it takes the user’s computer (laptop or PC) an average of five minutes to reconfigure Outlook. It can take a user an average of approximately five minutes to reconfigure a mobile device—other than a BlackBerry—that uses ActiveSync to...
More of John Thurso's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Parliamentary Questions
- Departmental ICT
- Civil Servants (Relocation)
- Tax Credits
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (7 Oct 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Treasury Committee (26 Apr 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (And Scotland), Transport (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (And Transport), Scotland (26 Jan 2004 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Thurso’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 254 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
1. Remunerated directorships
Director of International Wine and Spirit Competition Ltd, Building 17, Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB; organisers annual wine and spirit competition.
Fee of £2,250 received on 28 June 2013.Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 4 July 2013)
Fee of £2,250 received on 28 September 2013. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 28 October 2013)
Fee of £2,250 received on 28 January 2014. Hours: 7 hrs. (Registered 28 January 2014)
Fee of £2,250 received on 24 April 2014. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 24 April 2014)
January 2014, received fee of £250 for speaking at an event organised by Wroxton College
of Fairleigh Dickinson University, Wroxton, Nr Banbury, OX15 6PX. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 11 February 2014)
8. Land and Property
Moorland Estate and Hill Farm
in Altnabraec, Caithness.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Ulbster Holdings Ltd, which manages family properties and holds shares in family companies.
(b) Walker Greenbank PLC
, manufacturers of wallpaper and fabric (2% of share capital is owned by Ulbster Holdings Ltd).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.