Will the Minister give way?
Before the Minister moves off the subject of mental health, one of the other important issues is that, depending on what is wrong with them, people have good days and bad days. It is important to get an all-round picture of their issues, rather than just an on-the-spot assessment—“Yes, they’re OK. Fine.”
It is a pleasure to serve under you in the Chair, Mr Owen. My hon. Friend the Member for Clwyd South (Susan Elan Jones) made a powerful case about some of the problems that people are facing. I am sure that all of us in this Chamber want to see people getting back to work if they are able to do so, but none of us wants to see whatever ill or disabled people suffer from being made worse...
More of Mark Tami's recent appearances
Labour MP for Alyn and Deeside
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Voter Participation/Registration
- Animal Quarantine
- Roads: Accidents
- Mobile Phones
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 8 Nov 2011)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (28 Jun 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (23 Jan 2007 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Paymaster General), HM Treasury (before 10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Tami’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 136 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes,
Four Millbank, London SW1P 2JA, £75 for completion of surveys:
Received £75 for completing survey on 17 July 2013. Hours: 20 mins. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 17 July 2013)
Received £75 for completing survey on 13 March 2014. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 13 March 2014)
Payments from Ipsos MORI,
79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for surveys
Received £150 for completing survey on 2 July 2013. Hours:1 hr. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 5 July 2013)
Received £150 for completing survey, 3 December 2013. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 3 December 2013)
Payment of £80 received from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8RT, for completing survey in November 2013. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 28 November 2013)
8. Land and Property
Apartment in Portugal.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.