Andrew Rosindell’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Rosindell is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Rosindell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Rosindell generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Rosindell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Rosindell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Rosindell occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
United Kingdom Borders (Control and Sovereignty) Bill - 2nd reading – Andrew Rosindell.
I would like to begin by asking you, Madam Deputy Speaker, to pass on my thanks to Mr. Speaker for selecting this debate this evening, and to express my gratitude at having been given the opportunity to inform the House about Autism Sunday, also known as the international day of prayer for autism and Asperger’s syndrome. I declare an interest. I am a patron of the Romakey International...
More of Andrew Rosindell’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Romford
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Internet
- British Overseas Territories
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Currently held offices
- Member, Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee (since 5 Jan 2016)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 29 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 2004 to 1 Jul 2005)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (5 Jan 2004 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (23 May 2002 to 15 Dec 2003)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (23 May 2002 to 15 Dec 2003)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 309 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Rosindell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 238 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from