A selection of Iris Robinson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Iris Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Iris Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland on how many occasions illicit alcoholic beverages have been found in the Sperrin unit of HM Prison Magilligan in the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (1) how many sex offenders were housed in dormitory accommodation in HM Prison Magilligan (a) in the nine months up to August 2009 and (b) on the latest date for which figures are available; on what authority they were so housed; and what steps have been taken to move them to single cell accommodation; (2) how many sex offenders have...
The decision will grate on the people of Northern Ireland, who for years have witnessed political and judicial protection for IRA terrorist murderers who fled to America and were never extradited despite many requests. In the light of that, will the Secretary of State reconsider his view?
More of Iris Robinson’s recent appearances
Former DUP MP for Strangford, Former DUP MLA for Strangford
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 13 January 2010 — Resigned
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 12 January 2010 — Resigned
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Health Services
- Mental Health
- General Practitioners
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (11 Nov 2008 to 14 Jan 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: WriteToThem had possibly bad contact details for this MP.
- Has voted in 28.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly, Parliament Buildings, Stormont, Belfast BT4
Payment of £14,367 (? of £43,101) p.a.
In each of the months July-November 2009 I received payment of £569.19 net. (Registered 10 December 2009)
Member of Castlereagh Borough Council, Upper Galwally, Belfast
Payment of £9,500 p.a.
I receive monthly payment of £415.54 net.
8. Land and Property
Joint ownership with my husband of constituency
office at Dundela Avenue in East Belfast.
Apartment in London
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from