Hardly ever rebels against their party in their last parliament
How Iris Robinson voted on key issues since 2001
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Has never voted on a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Has never voted on increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted moderately against the hunting banDetails
- Voted moderately for a smoking banDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately against equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately for an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
More on their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland on how many occasions illicit alcoholic beverages have been found in the Sperrin unit of HM Prison Magilligan in the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (1) how many sex offenders were housed in dormitory accommodation in HM Prison Magilligan (a) in the nine months up to August 2009 and (b) on the latest date for which figures are available; on what authority they were so housed; and what steps have been taken to move them to single cell accommodation; (2) how many sex offenders have...
The decision will grate on the people of Northern Ireland, who for years have witnessed political and judicial protection for IRA terrorist murderers who fled to America and were never extradited despite many requests. In the light of that, will the Secretary of State reconsider his view?
More of Iris Robinson's recent appearances
Former DUP MP for Strangford, Former DUP MLA for Strangford
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Health Services
- Mental Health
- General Practitioners
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (11 Nov 2008 to 14 Jan 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: WriteToThem had possibly bad contact details for this MP.
- Has voted in 28.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly, Parliament Buildings, Stormont, Belfast BT4
Payment of £14,367 (? of £43,101) p.a.
In each of the months July-November 2009 I received payment of £569.19 net. (Registered 10 December 2009)
Member of Castlereagh Borough Council, Upper Galwally, Belfast
Payment of £9,500 p.a.
I receive monthly payment of £415.54 net.
8. Land and Property
Apartment in London
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register