This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Angus Robertson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Scottish National Party MP for Moray
- Entered Parliament on 7 June 2001 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Angus Robertson
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Angus Robertson voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly against the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, International Development, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Trade and Industry
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): EU Committees, Military Aircraft, Devolution, EU Committees (Scottish Representation), Sudan
(based on written questions asked by Angus Robertson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
- Coroners and Justice Bill Committee (0 out of 16)
- Written Answers — Defence: Defence: Procurement (4 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what proportion of expenditure on his Department's procurement contracts valued in excess of £5 million was placed with small and medium-sized enterprises based in each government office region in each of the last three years.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Trade and Investment (Africa) (3 Dec 2013)
“Usually diplomatic networks are used to promote trade and export by celebrating national days, but a survey over the weekend showed that of 20 UK diplomatic and consular postings, not a single one was doing anything to celebrate St Andrew’s day. Why was that?”
- [Mr Jim Hood in the Chair] — Royal Navy Ships (3 Dec 2013)
“I suggest that the hon. Gentleman looks closely at the royal Danish navy’s StanFlex system, which does exactly that.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 282 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 43.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus Robertson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 257 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£22,200 (182nd)||£23,082 (joint 144th with 3 others)||£21,970 (265th)||£21,633||£17,372 (421st)||£20,316 (joint 191st with 1 other)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£18,009 (joint 2nd with 55 others)|
|Office running costs||£33,821 (1st)||£21,696 (120th)||£20,307 (joint 332nd with 1 other)||£18,368||£19,324 (joint 89th with 9 others)||£18,799 (joint 13th with 178 others)||£18,233 (joint 185th with 7 others)||£25,642 (68th)|
|Staffing costs||£96,503 (286th)||£81,953 (495th)||£87,393 (147th)||£85,515||£70,147 (371st)||£68,023 (joint 228th with 71 others)||£67,275 (167th)||£46,048 (318th)|
|Communications Allowance||£7,666 (375th)||£9,215 (263rd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£23,686 (8th)1||£23,350 (10th)2||£22,308 (13th)||£21,658||£29,992 (5th)||£29,488 (9th)||£26,796 (12th)||£21,487 (10th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£1,780 (28th)||£4,270 (2nd)||£4,119 (4th)||£2,519||£4,197 (6th)||£4,044 (5th)||£3,091 (15th)||£3,894 (6th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£224 (274th)||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,285 (477th)||£511 (joint 483rd with 1 other)||£343 (593rd)||£1,329||£1,779 (132nd)||£1,123 (213th)||£1,689 (124th)||£2,298 (48th)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£430 (joint 623rd with 1 other)||£569 (joint 616th with 1 other)||£4,167||£5,427 (124th)||£2,920 (275th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,372 (91st)||£1,142 (joint 175th with 17 others)||£0||£1,923 (joint 261st with 1 other)||£1,923 (joint 256th with 2 others)||£1,923 (joint 250th with 2 others)||£1,923 (joint 237th with 2 others)|
|Other Costs||£0||£0||£0||£0||£10,615 (15th)||£1,339 (62nd)||£0||£0|
|Total||£188,164 (3rd)||£165,879 (38th)||£158,151 (28th)||£155,189||£160,776 (3rd)||£147,975 (8th)||£138,729 (7th)||£119,301 (2nd)|