How Alan Reid voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Alan Reid occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many Indian nationals there are serving a prison sentence in England and Wales.
Bringing superfast broadband to rural areas is vitally important, and the Government are rightly spending over £1 billion on it, but my constituents are very frustrated that BT cannot tell them when, or even if, their home will be connected, which makes alternative planning impossible. Will the Prime Minister tell BT to produce clear plans for the billions of pounds of taxpayers’...
The hon. Gentleman refers to the cost of living. Does he not understand that by next year, under his party’s policy, my constituents would have been paying 20p a litre more and those on the islands would have been paying 25p a litre more for their fuel than they are under this Government? That would have been a disaster for the cost of living of my constituents. Will he apologise to...
More of Alan Reid's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Argyll and Bute
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Gaelic Language
- Sustainable Development
- Postal Services
- Illegal Meat Imports
- Ferry Services
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (13 May 2010 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Minister for Scotland and Northern Ireland (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Scottish and Northern Ireland Affairs (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Scottish Affairs (6 Jul 2007 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Scotland (5 Jul 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Northern Ireland Affairs (5 Jul 2007 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Northern Ireland Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Information Technology, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Trade & Industry (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 110 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alan Reid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 288 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.