To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment the Government has made of Shaker Aamer's continued detention in Guantanamo in light of the Government's on going celebration of Magna Carta.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the relationship between diabetes complications and unplanned hospital emergency admissions; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, which local authorities have bid for each round of the Coastal Communities Fund but have so far received no funding.
More of John Pugh’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Southport
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Mental Health
- Departmental Buildings
- Information Technology
- Saudi Arabia
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (30 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (1 Jun 2009 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (1 Jul 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (22 May 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (10 Mar 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (10 May 2005 to 10 Mar 2006)
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 22 Jul 2004)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 10 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Pugh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 509 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Ipsos Mori, 78-81 Borough Rd London SE1 1FY, for opinion surveys:
20 October 2014, received £200. Hours: 1 hr 20 mins. Fee donated to Southport Liberal Democrats. (Registered 10 November 2014)
28 January 2015, received £200. Hours: 1.5 hrs. Fee donated to Southport Liberal Democrats. (Registered 30 January 2015)
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Lord Matthew Oakeshott
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £20,000
(a) Donor status: individuals
(a) (Registered 12 February 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from