Economic growth and coastal towns – John Pugh.
What assessment he has made of the recommendations of the report by the National Audit Office entitled, “Financial Sustainability of Local Authorities 2014”, published in November 2014, HC 783.
I admire the Minister’s calm, but the report says that half the local authority auditors, never mind the politicians, have grave concerns. Given that, and given that Labour itself wants to take £500 million out of local authority finance, is it not time for a wholesale review of local authority finance?
More of John Pugh's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Southport
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Mental Health
- Departmental Buildings
- Information Technology
- Saudi Arabia
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee
- Member, Public Accounts Commission
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Treasury Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (28 Jun 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (24 May 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Health (21 Mar 2006 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 15 Nov 2007)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 28 Jun 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (to 21 Sep 2004)
- Education Spokesperson, Education & Skills (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Pugh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 500 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
20 October 2014, payment of £200 received from Ipsos Mori, 78-81 Borough Rd London SE1 1FY for completing an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr 20 mins. Fee donated to Southport Liberal Democrats. (Registered 10 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from