A selection of Anne Moffat's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Moffat’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Moffat’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many UK service personnel are assigned to duties in Colombia.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what work with the third sector her Department is undertaking to encourage the creation of jobs.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence with reference to the Answer to the hon. Member for Richmond Park of 24 November 1999, Official Report, column 115W, on Colombia, when the UK ceased to provide the Colombian security forces with advisory visits and information exchanges on counter-guerilla strategy.
More of Anne Moffat’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for East Lothian
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Child Support Agency
- Child Trust Fund
- Benefits (East Lothian)
- Television Licences
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Alan Johnson, Secretary of State), Department of Health (27 Nov 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (14 Jun 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Anne Moffat’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 57 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from