Albert Owen’s voting in Parliament
Albert Owen is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Albert Owen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Albert Owen generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Albert Owen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Albert Owen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Albert Owen never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Committee has agreed to take all the amendments to this clause together.
With this it will be convenient to discuss the following: Amendment 16, in clause 9, page 11, line 35, le ave out from “child benefit” to end of subsection and insert “are to be reviewed by the Secretary of State having given regard to— (a) the rate of inflation, and (b) the national economic situation.”
We will deal with new clause 1 later.
More of Albert Owen’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ynys Môn
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Poultry Meat
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, International Development Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 20 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Mar 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Albert Owen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 339 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: franking, to a value of £3,758.52
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 04 June 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over Â£100,000 (ii) rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
Joint owner with my wife of terraced house in North Yorkshire. (Registered 2 October 2012) (Registered 02 October 2012)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my son-in-law, Samuel Blyth, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from