George Osborne’s voting in Parliament
George Osborne is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, George Osborne sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
George Osborne generally voted for laws to promote equality and human rights, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Osborne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Osborne’s full vote analysis page for more.
George Osborne never rebelled against their party in this parliament
A meeting of the Economic and Financial Affairs Council was held in Brussels on 15 January 2016. Ministers discussed the following items: Current Legislative Proposals The Presidency updated the Council on the state of play of financial services dossiers. Presentation of the Presidency Work Programme The new ECOFIN chair, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, provided an outline of the Dutch...
Britain is in a much stronger economic position than five years ago, with employment up and the deficit down. However, as I set out in my speech to business leaders in Cardiff, we face a dangerous cocktail of economic risks from around the world this year. That situation is reflected in the International Monetary Fund forecasts that were published one hour ago, in which world growth is...
It was very good to meet my hon. Friend and business leaders in Cardiff; to back them and the brilliant work that is being done at the university there with the investment in the new semiconductor catapult; and to commit to additional capital investment. I hope that we can agree a Cardiff city deal with the Welsh Government and the authorities in Cardiff before the Budget. He poses the right...
More of George Osborne’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tatton
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Departmental Costs
- Tax Credits
- Stolen Property
- Staff Surveys
Currently held offices
- Chancellor of the Exchequer and First Secretary of State (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer (12 May 2010 to 8 May 2015)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (5 May 2005 to 13 May 2010)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (1 Sep 2004 to 5 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Apr 2003 to 1 Oct 2003)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Dec 2002 to 15 Dec 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 May 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 30.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 37 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Osborne’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1312 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Countywide Developments Ltd
Address of donor: 15 Hockley Court, Stratford Road, Solihull B94 6NW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: helicopter flight to Forest of Dean Conservative Dinner; value £7,920 (inc VAT)
Date received: 11 November 2015
Date accepted: 11 November 2015
Donor status: company, registration 028655432
(Registered 02 December 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in London: (i) and (ii) (Registered 21 July 2011
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
(b) Osborne and Little Group Ltd, a family business manufacturing and retailing fabrics and wallpapers. (Updated 18 October 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from