George Osborne’s voting in Parliament
George Osborne is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, George Osborne sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
George Osborne generally voted for laws to promote equality and human rights, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Osborne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Osborne’s full vote analysis page for more.
George Osborne has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Treasury: The economic and financial costs and benefits of UK's EU membership.
Witnesses: Rt Hon George Osborne MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, HM Treasury Mark Bowman, Director General, International and EU, HM Treasury
We are both building more houses and helping young families afford those homes. Some 400,000 new homes are being built over the years of this Parliament, half of them starter homes for first-time buyers. In the Budget I also launched the new lifetime ISA, so that young people no longer have to choose between saving for a home and saving for their retirement—we are going to help them do...
I am delighted that we can support the community that my hon. Friend so ably represents in Parliament, and provide money for the upgrade of the M40 junction and a new secondary school to go with the new homes being built in Bicester. Of course that comes as part of a suite: we are investing in new starter homes and in shared equity products for people; our help to buy ISA has been used by...
More of George Osborne’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tatton
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Departmental Costs
- Tax Credits
- Stolen Property
- Staff Surveys
Currently held offices
- Chancellor of the Exchequer and First Secretary of State (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer (12 May 2010 to 8 May 2015)
- Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (5 May 2005 to 13 May 2010)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (1 Sep 2004 to 5 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Apr 2003 to 1 Oct 2003)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Dec 2002 to 15 Dec 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 May 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all George Osborne’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 31.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 54 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Osborne’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1344 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 May 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Countywide Developments Ltd
Address of donor: 15 Hockley Court, Stratford Road, Solihull B94 6NW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: helicopter flight to Forest of Dean Conservative Dinner; value £7,920 (inc VAT
Date received: 11 November 2015
Date accepted: 11 November 2015
Donor status: company, registration 028655432
(Registered 02 December 2015
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 21 July 2011
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
(b) Osborne and Little Group Ltd, a family business manufacturing and retailing fabrics and wallpapers. (Updated 18 October 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from