How Andrew Murrison voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Andrew Murrison speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Andrew Murrison hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Conservative MP for South West Wiltshire
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Westbury
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Armed Forces: Health Services
- Armed Forces: Influenza
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (6 Jul 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Health (6 Jul 2004 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Murrison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 366 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from