I very much agree with my hon. Friend that this should be start of a new debate about the changes that everyone in Scotland is looking for, regardless of whether they voted yes or no. Does he agree that part of that debate must be not just about devolving power between Westminster and Holyrood but devolving power to local communities and local authorities, which have seen increasing...
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what criteria were used to determine the location of new posts within the HM Revenue and Customs Debt Management Directorate.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether the work of the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Debt Management Directorate can be carried out at any (a) HMRC office and (b) HMRC office currently used for the work of the Personal Tax Operations Directorate.
More of Ann McKechin's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow North
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Glasgow Maryhill
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Conditions of Employment
- Housing Benefit
- Mortgages: Government Assistance
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Scotland Office (14 Nov 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State, Scotland Office (17 Sep 2008 to 14 Nov 2008)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Jan 2009)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Information Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 81 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ann McKechin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 238 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from