To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how much UK aid has been spent in support of privatising electricity in Nigeria since 2002; and through which funding streams that aid was provided.
What progress he has made on promoting digital inclusion.
The Minister will be aware that, unfortunately, Glasgow has one of the highest levels of population who are offline. The Government have recently run a series of adverts on Glasgow radio stations about encouraging people to switch their electricity and gas suppliers, but they are asking people only to use the online route. What assessment has he made about how we can encourage digital...
More of Ann McKechin's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glasgow North
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Glasgow Maryhill
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Conditions of Employment
- UK Export Finance
- Housing Benefit
- Mortgages: Government Assistance
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (since 24 Oct 2011)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 24 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Scotland (16 Sep 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Information Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (24 Oct 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 69 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 248 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from