The right hon. Gentleman is a Member of Parliament from England. I am a Member of Parliament from Wales. Can the right hon. Gentleman tell me one additional power I have in this House because I am from Wales?
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what average length of time is taken for a call to an HM Revenue and Customs helpline from initial answer to conclusion of inquiry.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what HM Revenue and Customs sites there are in Wales; and how many people are employed at each such site.
More of Ian Lucas’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wrexham
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Democratic Republic of Congo
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (20 Oct 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Business and Regulatory Reform) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Business and Regulatory Reform) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Liam Byrne, Minister of State), Cabinet Office (16 Oct 2008 to 17 Dec 2008)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- PPS (Mr Liam Byrne, Minister of State), HM Treasury (29 Jan 2008 to 29 Sep 2008)
- PPS (Mr Liam Byrne, Minister of State), Home Office (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (4 Jun 2007 to 8 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Transport Committee (13 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 20 Oct 2003)
- Member, Procedure Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 24 Jun 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 75 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 185 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ian Lucas’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 388 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from