How Mark Lazarowicz voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mark Lazarowicz hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Responsible Parking (Scotland) Bill - Second reading – Mark Lazarowicz.
I congratulate the hon. Gentleman on securing this important debate. On the question of exclusion, does he agree that a particular priority should be to ensure that children with disabilities have access to education? If children are excluded from education at an early stage of their life, they are even more likely to suffer some of the challenges and exclusion that disabled people suffer...
If he will take steps to support UK citizens who have been victims of property mis-selling in Cyprus.
More of Mark Lazarowicz's recent appearances
Labour MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Trade and Industry
- Work and Pensions
- Telephone Helplines
- Departmental Telephone Services
- Fair Trade Fortnight
- Air Services
- Climate Change
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (7 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- PPS (David Cairns, Minister of State), Scotland Office (28 Jun 2007 to 17 Sep 2008)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (27 Apr 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Jan 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 105 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 28 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Lazarowicz’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 546 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participation in opinion surveys. Payments used towards cost of my parliamentary newsletter.
Payment of £75 for participation in opinion survey in October 2013. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 19 November 2013)
Payment of £75 for participation in opinion survey in January 2014. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 17 March 2014)
17 April 2014, received £225 for participation in three opinion surveys in June 2013, November 2013 and February 2014. Hours: 90 mins. (Registered 23 April 2014)
16 May 2014, £75.00 received for participation in an opinion survey in May 2014. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to constituency party. (Registered 30 May 2014)
Payment of £192.06 received from Authors’ Licensing & Collecting Society, The Writers' House, 13 Haydon Street, London, EC3N 1DB for outstanding book royalties. No additional hours worked. (Registered 6 March 2013)
£139.13 received. (Registered 2 April 2014)
Member, Faculty of Advocates (non-practising).
Unpaid Board Member of Leith Museum Company Limited and (until 28 February 2014) Edinburgh Community Energy Co-operative Limited, for both of which I have from time to time solicited financial support. (Updated 3 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.