Charles Kennedy was an immense talent, and it says so much about the man that so many Members in this House have spoken about him with such complete genuine warmth. He had the extraordinary ability to reach out beyond the narrow confines of his own party to make genuine friendships with people of other political persuasions and to achieve an extraordinary affinity with people beyond this...
With your permission, Mr Speaker, may I join others in marking the tragic death of Charles Kennedy? He was one of the most able politicians of his generation, and was loved and admired across the political spectrum. He was a brave and principled man, and he will be missed enormously. May I raise with the Secretary of State my passion for mental health? He will be very much aware of my...
The data are not available as requested.
More of Norman Lamb’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for North Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Departmental Annual Report
- Carbon Management Programme
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (3 Feb 2012 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 3 Feb 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (20 Jul 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Trade and Industry) (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Jul 2006)
- Member, Treasury Sub-committee (7 Jan 2003 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (7 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (18 Jul 2002 to 21 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (19 Jul 2001 to 18 Jul 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 10.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 147 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Norman Lamb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 622 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from