To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what his policy is on the level of salaries paid to local authority chief executives; what guidance his Department gives to local councils on that matter; what measures are in place to prevent excessive salaries being paid by local authorities; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will take steps to permit motorists to opt out of the arrangements by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency to pass their details to third parties; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps he is taking to improve train speeds between Doncaster and Hull; and if he will make a statement.
More of Greg Knight's recent appearances
Conservative MP for East Yorkshire
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Derby North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Prison Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
- Member, Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (18 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Procedure Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (16 May 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 89 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Knight’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 436 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
I received £600 from selling copies of my book. No additional hours worked. (Registered 30 December 2013).
Received £1,000 for consultancy work on 11 November 2014 from H and H Classics Ltd (a classic car auctions company), Appleton, Warrington WA4 4SN. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 4 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in London from which rental income is derived. (Registered 13 February 2013)
I received a set of professional cymbals from Paiste Limited of Kantonsstrasse 2, CH
-6207 Nottwil, Switzerland in connection with my charity performances with the Parliamentary rock group, MP4
. Cymbals used from 19 March 2014. Value approximately £900. (Registered 2 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from