Is not it worth reinforcing the point that people who are concerned about this do not have to wait for some grand Government plan but can play a part themselves by planting pollen-rich flowers in their gardens?
I congratulate the Government on what they have done. However, in my constituency, I recently saw four cyclists travelling two abreast on a stretch of the highway that ran parallel to a dedicated cycle path. Does my hon. Friend think that when cyclists take such action without justification they should be deemed to be committing an offence?
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport when he expects the roadworks on the M1 motorway north of junction 28 to be completed and the stretch of the M1 between that junction and the M18 to be totally devoid of roadworks.
More of Greg Knight's recent appearances
Conservative MP for East Yorkshire
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Derby North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Prison Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
- Member, Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (18 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Procedure Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (16 May 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 96 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Knight’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 434 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
I received £600 from selling copies of my book. No additional hours worked. (Registered 30 December 2013).
8. Land and Property
Residential property in London from which rental income is derived. (Registered 13 February 2013)
I received a set of professional cymbals from Paiste Limited of Kantonsstrasse 2, CH
-6207 Nottwil, Switzerland in connection with my charity performances with the Parliamentary rock group, MP4
. Cymbals used from 19 March 2014. Value approximately £900. (Registered 2 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from