How Greg Knight voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Get email notifications when Greg Knight speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Greg Knight occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will my right hon. Friend give way?
I do not think that I have ever tested the patience of Mr Bone. My right hon. Friend said a few moments ago that he agrees with the thrust of amendment 49, but he criticised the wording, which has left the Committee in the air. Is he advising the Committee to support amendment 49 or not?
Now that my right hon. Friend is coming to the end of his discourse, will he tell us what conclusions he has reached about clause 1? What would clause 1 achieve that is not being achieved without it?
More of Greg Knight's recent appearances
Conservative MP for East Yorkshire
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Derby North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Prison Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance and Services Committee
- Member, Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills (Joint Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (18 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges (17 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Procedure Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (16 May 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (15 May 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (9 Nov 2005 to 17 Oct 2012)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons (13 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (10 May 2005 to 8 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (2 Oct 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (3 Mar 2003 to 1 Oct 2003)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons (19 Jul 2001 to 8 Sep 2003)
- Minister of State (Energy and Industry) (5 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (10 Jun 1993 to 24 Jul 1996)
- Deputy Chief Whip and Treasurer (7 Jun 1993 to 22 Jul 1996)
- Member, Broadcasting (1 Apr 1993 to 3 Apr 1996)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): Accomodation & Administration Sub-Committee (13 Feb 1991 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, House of Commons (Services) (12 Feb 1991 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): New Building Sub-Committee (12 Feb 1991 to 22 Oct 1991)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (28 Nov 1990 to 27 May 1993)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (28 Jul 1989 to 25 Jul 1990)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 83 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Knight’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 437 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Feb 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from H and H Classics Ltd (a classic car auctions company), Appleton, Warrington WA4 4SN:
Received £1,000 for consultancy work on 11 November 2014. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 4 December 2014)
Received £1,000 for consultancy work on 11 December 2014. Hours: 2.5 hrs. (Registered 12 January 2015)
Received £1,000 for consultancy work on 12 January 2015. Hours: 2.5 hrs. (Registered 20 January 2015)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in London from which rental income is derived. (Registered 13 February 2013)
I received a set of professional cymbals from Paiste Limited of Kantonsstrasse 2, CH
-6207 Nottwil, Switzerland in connection with my charity performances with the Parliamentary rock group, MP4
. Cymbals used from 19 March 2014. Value approximately £900. (Registered 2 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from