Kevan Jones’s voting in Parliament
Kevan Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevan Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevan Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevan Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevan Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevan Jones occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
I think that the hon. Gentleman has to sit down when I stand up.
I know that the present Government find it difficult to distinguish between revenue and capital, among other concepts, but the hon. Gentleman has said that no one will lose cash. Durham, for instance, has an “outstanding” force—the only one in the country—but that force must take £3 million out of its budget this year because of wage increases and other pressures....
More of Kevan Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for North Durham
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Ministry of Defence
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- HMS Victory
- Army: Recruitment
- Alliance Medical
- Adam Werritty
- Ministers' Private Offices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Veterans) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 19 Jan 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 197 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevan Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 859 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA:
25 April 2015
, payment of £75, for participation in January 2015
Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 May 2015
; updated 30 October 2015)
9 July 2015
, received £75 for participation in May 2015 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2015)
25 August 2015
, received £75 for participation in June-July 2015 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2015)
22 October 2015, received £75 for participation in September 2015
Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 30 October 2015)
Payment from Ipsos Mori, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW (Updated 18 September 2015):
Payment of £200 for participation in Winter 2014 Survey. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 06 January 2015)
7 September 2015, £200 for participation in Summer 2015
Survey. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 18 September 2015)
I am an unremunerated director of the Prince Bishop Community Bank, a non-profit making credit union. I spend about an hour per month attending Board meetings. (Registered 05 October 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from