Will the hon. Lady make her position clear? Is she saying that what should be offered to every person retiring is regulated advice?
I am grateful to the hon. Lady for giving way, as she is being very generous. If she does not want to see regulated advice given, what is she looking for?
I apologise to my right hon. Friend the Minister for missing some of his speech and to the hon. Member for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East (Gregg McClymont) for missing his. I had hoped to be here for both, but owing to the length of the urgent question and another engagement outside the House, I could not be. Nevertheless, I am delighted to be here in time to make a...
More of Mark Hoban's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Fareham
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Departmental ICT
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Pay
- Departmental Marketing
- Departmental Public Participation
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (16 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Education (6 Jul 2004 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 70 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Hoban’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 942 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Chartered accountant (non-practising).
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 45b Westbourne Terrace London W2 3UR
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation for me, plus accommodation for my wife between 13 and 18 November, to a value of £2,500
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Date of visit: 11 to 18 November 2013
Purpose of visit: fact finding delegation to Israel and the West Bank
(Registered 10 December 2013)
Address of donor: Romero House, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £690
Destination of visit: Kenya
Date of visit: 13-17 April 2014
Purpose of visit: fact finding
(Registered 28 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from