May I first refer Members to my declaration in the Register of Members’ Financial Interests? I commend the Chancellor for his Budget, which continues the themes of economic reform and fiscal consolidation that we have seen in each of the Budgets and autumn statements in this Parliament. It is that twin-track approach that has led to a fall in the deficit, putting the nation on a path...
That demonstrates the challenges we face to get the pace right. One thing we should be absolutely clear about is the importance of sticking to the course. There are three reasons why it is important to stick to the course of reducing the deficit and reducing debt. It is inherently unfair for future generations to bear the cost of debt we have built up.
Let the hon. Gentleman answer this question: is it really fair for our children and grandchildren to pay the cost of debts we have built up? Let him answer that question.
More of Mark Hoban’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Fareham
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Duchy of Lancaster
- Departmental ICT
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Pay
- Departmental Marketing
- Departmental Public Participation
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (1 Jun 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (16 Jul 2001 to 27 Jan 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 948 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Chartered accountant (non-practising).
Adviser to Markit Group Ltd, 4th floor, Ropemaker Place, 25 Ropemaker St, London EC2Y 9LY; a provider of financial information services. Retained to provide strategic advice on business and regulatory issues. Expected remuneration: £4,000 a month for 4 hours per week. (Registered 16 December 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: Romero House, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £690
Destination of visit: Kenya
Date of visit: 13-17 April 2014
Purpose of visit: fact finding
(Registered 28 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from