How Lady Hermon voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted a mixture of for and against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Lady Hermon votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland for what reason she has declined to disclose the number of recipients of On-The-Run comfort letters who have fled the jurisdiction of the UK since her statement following the Hallett report on 17 July 2014; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what the process is for setting remuneration for police and crime commissioners; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what estimate he has made of the number of tests on animals conducted in the UK using mitochondrial replacement techniques in each of the last five years; and if he will make a statement.
More of Lady Hermon's recent appearances
Independent MP for North Down
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Juvenile Justice Centre
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
- Alzheimer's Disease
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (3 Dec 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 3 Dec 2008)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (1 Nov 2005 to 4 Oct 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 73 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 35.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 111 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lady Hermon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 177 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from