How Lady Hermon voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted moderately against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when Lady Hermon speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Independent MP for North Down
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Juvenile Justice Centre
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
- Alzheimer's Disease
Currently held offices
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2005)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (3 Dec 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 3 Dec 2008)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (1 Nov 2005 to 4 Oct 2006)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (11 Oct 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (1 Jan 2003 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2002 to 8 May 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (10 May 2001 to 8 May 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 8 May 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Women) (10 May 2001 to 8 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 90 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 37.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lady Hermon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 189 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from