To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what steps he is taking to ensure that European Commission proposals for reform of the European Copyright Framework do not undermine the principle that writers and other creators should be rewarded for their work.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what impact the reclassification of Network Rail as a government body has had on (a) the financial position of the Government and (b) the financial position of Network Rail; and if he will make a statement.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, whether any proportion of Network Rail's debt has been allocated to the Scottish Government as a result of the reclassification of Network Rail as a government body on 1 September 2014.
More of Tom Harris's recent appearances
Labour MP for Glasgow South
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Glasgow Cathcart
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Asylum Seekers
- Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control
- Railways: Franchises
- Fossil Fuels: Reserves
Currently held offices
- Member, Transport Committee
- Member, Administration Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (15 May 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 22 Nov 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 26 Nov 2012)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport (7 Sep 2006 to 6 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt, Secretary of State), Department of Health (before 10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Spellar, Minister of State), Northern Ireland Office (to 11 Apr 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 38 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tom Harris’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 419 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London W1P 3JA:
Payment of £75 for participation in January 2014 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 19 March 2014)
Payment of £75 for participation in April 2014 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 11 June 2014)
Payment of £75 for participation in May-June 2014 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 1 August 2014)
Payment of £75 for participation in July 2014 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 13 October 2014)
Payment of £75 for participation in October 2014 Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 27 November 2014)
Payments from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8RT, for opinion surveys:
Payment of £80 received on 6 January 2014 for participation in November 2013 online survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 6 January 2014)
Payment of £80 received on 4 June 2014 for participation in survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 9 June 2014)
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing surveys:
Payment of £200. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 27 January 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from