How David Hamilton voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Hamilton hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Surely that is the whole point. Royal Mail needs the cross-subsidy to be able to deliver to the sparsely populated areas that my hon. Friend and I represent. That is key, and the ombudsman has to take it into account in relation to fair competition.
Will the hon. Gentleman give way on that point?
More of David Hamilton's recent appearances
Labour MP for Midlothian
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Coal Industry
- Defence Activities: Scotland
- Terrorism: Detainees
- Television: Sports
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Edward Miliband, Secretary of State), Department for Energy and Climate Change (30 Dec 2008 to unknown)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 5 Feb 2008)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 26 Apr 2007)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Hamilton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.