How David Hamilton voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Hamilton hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Labour MP for Midlothian
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Coal Industry
- Defence Activities: Scotland
- Terrorism: Detainees
- Television: Sports
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Edward Miliband, Secretary of State), Department for Energy and Climate Change (30 Dec 2008 to unknown)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 5 Feb 2008)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 26 Apr 2007)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Hamilton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Rd, Holborn WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 7 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: European Azerbaijan Society
Address of donor: 2 Queen Anne
’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): costs of visit; £3,100
Date of visit: 26-29 March 2013
Purpose of visit: to meet with local trade unionists to discuss issues of mutual concern. The trip also included a visit to the British War Memorial, meetings with local MPs and a visit to a BP
facility where workers’ terms were discussed.
(Registered 17 May 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.