The Government would like to announce that as a consequence of the decisions by the: (i) UK Supreme Court in O 'Brien v Ministry of Justice  UKSC 6; (ii) Employment Tribunal 2 Jan 2014 in Miller & Others v Ministry of Justice; and (Hi) Employment Appeal Tribunal on 28 January 2014 in Ministry of Justice vO'Brien. The fees payable to certain specified judicial officeholders have...
Section 12(1) of the Justice and Security Act 2013 (“the Act”) requires the Secretary of State to prepare (and lay before Parliament) a report on the use of the closed material procedure (CMP) under section 6 of that Act. Under section 12(4) of the Act, the report must be prepared and laid before Parliament as soon as reasonably practicable after the end of the 12-month period to...
How does the right hon. Gentleman therefore explain the 30% increase in three years in personal injury claims?
More of Chris Grayling's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Epsom and Ewell
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Local Government and the Regions
- Work and Pensions
- Network Rail
- London Underground
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Home Secretary, Home Affairs (19 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions, Work & Pensions (6 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 18 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons, Leader of the House of Commons (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Health (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Education (6 Jul 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Public Services, Health & Education (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 230 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Grayling’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 999 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Dev Dadral
(a) Address of donor: private
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,200
(a) Donor status: individual
(a) (Registered 15 February 2014)
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Address of donor: Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5QX
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: sponsorship of constituency reception; value £6,000
(b) Date of receipt: 21 June 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 21 June 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration number 00916634
(b) (Registered 21 June 2013)
8. Land and Property
Two terraced houses in London, from which rental income is received.
I have received two racecourse passes for 2013 from Epsom Downs Racecourse, Surrey KT18 5LQ; total value £450. (Registered 11 May 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.