The Government are committed to putting victims and witnesses first in the criminal justice system and to ensuring that they have high quality, effective and timely support to help them cope and, as far as possible, recover from the effects of crime. We published our document on commitments to victims in September 2014 and introduced a package of reforms that will provide even more support to...
Let me first pay tribute to the hon. Lady’s constituent. We were all horrified and shocked by the terrible events that led to his loss. I extend my condolences, my gratitude to him, and indeed my gratitude to all the families of murder victims who have turned a terrible experience into positive work to help support the victims of crime, and to try to prevent these terrible events...
We are making good progress towards the introduction of the victims information service, which will signpost victims to services available locally. We intend to mesh that with the current system for tracking crimes, so that we have a single point where victims can find out the situation with the case they are going through. It is really important that we do the right thing for victims, and we...
More of Chris Grayling’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Epsom and Ewell
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Local Government and the Regions
- Work and Pensions
- Network Rail
- London Underground
Currently held offices
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Dec 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (15 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (10 May 2005 to 8 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (10 May 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Transport Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 2 Dec 2002)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 Jul 2002 to 20 Dec 2002)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (10 May 2002 to 10 May 2003)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 229 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Grayling’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1057 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Toyota GB plc
(b) Address of donor: Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5QX
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: sponsorship of constituency
reception; value £6,000
(b) Date of receipt: 4 September 2014
(b) Date of acceptance: 4 September 2014
(b) Donor status: company, registration 00916634
(b) (Registered 16 October 2014)
8. Land and Property
Two terraced houses in London, from which rental income is received.
I have received two racecourse passes for 2014 from Epsom Downs Racecourse, Surrey KT18 5LQ; total value £450. (Registered 11 May 2013, updated 20 October 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from