How Mark Francois voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Voted strongly for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Get email notifications when Mark Francois votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mark Francois hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Conservative MP for Rayleigh and Wickford
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Rayleigh
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Gershon Review
- Departments: Furniture
- Departmental Fixed Assets
- Departments: Official Cars
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Oct 2012)
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Europe), Foreign Affairs (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister for Europe, Foreign Affairs (19 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign Affairs (6 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Europe), Foreign Affairs (27 Mar 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (20 May 2005 to 27 Mar 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (9 Sep 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 20 Oct 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Francois’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 492 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from