On 5 July 2012, Official Report, column 1085, the Defence Secretary made a statement to the House on the outcome of the Army 2020 review and laid out the future structure of the British Army. The announcement explained the need to restructure the Army to face an increasingly uncertain world and to create the agile and adaptable armed forces as set out in the 2010 strategic defence and...
Operations at RAF Menwith Hill have always been, and continue to be, carried out with the knowledge and consent of the UK Government.
To date, there have been no discussions with the Government of Afghanistan about the future basing of UK unmanned aircraft systems in Afghanistan after 2014.
More of Mark Francois's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rayleigh and Wickford
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Gershon Review
- Departments: Furniture
- Departmental Fixed Assets
- Departments: Official Cars
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Oct 2012)
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Europe), Foreign Affairs (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister for Europe, Foreign Affairs (19 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign Affairs (6 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Europe), Foreign Affairs (27 Mar 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (20 May 2005 to 27 Mar 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (9 Sep 2004 to 20 May 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 20 Oct 2004)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Francois’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 483 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.