How Nigel Dodds voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nigel Dodds hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what discussions she has had with the Electoral Office on steps to ensure that the election count process for European and other elections held in Northern Ireland is faster and more efficient.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what steps his Department is taking to support religious tolerance of Christians in India.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assessment he has made of recent changes in Japan's constitution and its defence doctrine.
More of Nigel Dodds's recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Fuel Poverty
- Parades Commission
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (10 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (10 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (10 Feb 2009 to 8 Dec 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 89 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 212 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.60% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Dodds’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 375 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.