How Nigel Dodds voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Nigel Dodds votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nigel Dodds hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what the UK's policy is on EU negotiations on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership; and what consultation his Department has had with the devolved administrations in formulating this policy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what steps he is taking to support employed people who wish to start their own business.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what steps his Department is taking to address concerns that payday loan companies are exploiting vulnerable people.
More of Nigel Dodds's recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 10 September 2010 — Resigned
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Fuel Poverty
- Parades Commission
Currently held offices
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (10 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (10 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (10 Feb 2009 to 8 Dec 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 88 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 231 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Dodds’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 375 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from