Is the hon. Gentleman happy that so many of his constituents who have recently found employment are on extremely low wages?
So what is the hon. Gentleman going to do about it?
My hon. Friend has referred to parts of his constituency that are desperately poor; as he knows, parts of my constituency are also very poor. Does he agree that what has really made the difference in pushing down living standards for many people has been the extremely harsh and unfair so-called welfare reforms?
More of Wayne David's recent appearances
Labour MP for Caerphilly
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Domestic Visits
- UK Membership of EU
- Personal Independence Payment
- Electoral Register
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Political and Constitutional Reform) (Justice) (11 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Wales Office (6 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 21 Aug 2008)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (13 Jun 2006 to 23 May 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (before 10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.40% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Wayne David’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 456 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Consell de Diplomàcia Pŭblica de Catalunya
Address of donor: Casea de les Punxes, Av Diagonal, 418 1 r2a, 08037 Barcelona
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value):
Destination of visit: Travel, hotel costs and board; £760 in total
Date of visit: 28-30 May 2014
Purpose of visit: Cross-party fact finding parliamentary delegation to Catalonia
(Registered 5 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from