I pay tribute to Members on both sides of the House, especially those who are stepping down, for the contribution they have made to politics; I am sure that we all appreciate their work. My constituents regard this Budget as a monumental irrelevance. I say that because this Budget has done so little for so many people. Over the past few years, people’s standard of living has been eroded...
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
Will the Secretary of State kindly tell the House how many of those new jobs were on low pay?
More of Wayne David’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Caerphilly
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Domestic Visits
- UK Membership of EU
- Personal Independence Payment
- Electoral Register
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Political and Constitutional Reform) (Justice) (11 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (4 Jun 2007 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (28 Oct 2004 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Wayne David’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 457 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Consell de Diplomàcia Pŭblica de Catalunya
Address of donor: Casea de les Punxes, Av Diagonal, 418 1 r2a, 08037 Barcelona
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value):
Destination of visit: Travel, hotel costs and board; £760 in total
Date of visit: 28-30 May 2014
Purpose of visit: Cross-party fact finding parliamentary delegation to Catalonia
(Registered 5 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from