Future of the Human Rights Act 1998 – Alistair Carmichael.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what consideration the Government has given to the use of mobile repeaters to help extend mobile-coverage in rural and island areas.
In principle, why would the parliamentary term length be different from the other functions the Minister listed?
More of Alistair Carmichael’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Orkney and Shetland
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Crown Estate
- Departmental Postal Services
- Royal Prerogative
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Scotland (7 Oct 2013 to 8 May 2015)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (12 May 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (1 Jun 2008 to 12 Apr 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (25 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (18 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (3 Mar 2006 to 18 Oct 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 22 May 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 2 Mar 2006)
- Member, International Development Committee (5 Nov 2001 to 26 Feb 2002)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (10 May 2001 to 10 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 40.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alistair Carmichael’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 592 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from