To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department has taken to explore the use of flat-pack housing as a means of tackling housing shortages.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what assessment his Department has made of the potential merits of flat-pack housing as a solution to housing shortages in rural areas.
May I start by apologising for my absence during part of the debate? I am pleased to be here now to make a short contribution. I have been following Budgets for decades, because my former occupation was that of an economics teacher and I always liked to use real-world examples in my lessons. I remember the first time I sat in the House to listen to a Budget speech; it was absolutely awesome....
More of Annette Brooke’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Mid Dorset and North Poole
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Schools and Families
- Children: Day Care
- Departmental Detergents
- Children: Databases
- Mental Health
Other offices held in the past
- Chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Party (5 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (28 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (24 Apr 2006 to 28 Jan 2008)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 2 May 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (16 May 2005 to 12 Apr 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Children, Schools and Families) (1 Jun 2004 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (21 Mar 2003 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jan 2001 to 1 Jan 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 71 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 416 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from