How Annette Brooke voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Get email notifications when Annette Brooke speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Annette Brooke occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a pleasure to have you presiding over our debate, Madam Deputy Speaker, knowing that you have an interest in this subject. I thank all Members for their excellent contributions. I thank the park home owners who have contacted us in various ways. I also take on board the representations that I have received from good site owners, who have contacted me either directly or indirectly, about...
More of Annette Brooke's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Mid Dorset and North Poole
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Schools and Families
- Children: Day Care
- Departmental Detergents
- Children: Databases
- Mental Health
Currently held offices
- Chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Party
- Member, Panel of Chairs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Standards and Privileges (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Shadow Children's Minister (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Children, Young People and Families), Children, Schools and Families (5 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (26 Apr 2006 to 29 Jan 2008)
- Children & the Family, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (21 Mar 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 4 May 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Education & Skills (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Home Affairs Spokesperson, Home Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 52 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Annette Brooke’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 403 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Joint owner with my husband of Broadstone Minerals, a small retail and wholesale business dealing in rocks, minerals and gemstones. Address: Broadstone Minerals, 22 Upper Golf Links Road, Broadstone, Dorset, BH18 8BX.
Received £100 as my share of the profits. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 3 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from