Does Kevin Brennan respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Kevin Brennan responded to a
very low proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Kevin Brennan’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Brennan is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Brennan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Brennan generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kevin Brennan generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Brennan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Brennan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Brennan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what recent representations he has received about plans to redevelop Cardiff Central railway station.
I congratulate everyone on their contributions to the debate, in particular the hon. Member for Aldridge-Brownhills (Wendy Morton)—I was going to call her the hon. Member for brick, because she was such an advocate for her brick makers, but I realised others might claim the title. However, she rightly celebrated the industry in her constituency, and pointed out her concerns about the...
My hon. Friend is absolutely right, which is why the issues that have been identified in the debate are so important and why it is very important that the Minister responds to each of the asks in the EARTH campaign, with particular reference to the Government’s slight obsession with pushing through market economy status for China. It is clear from the recent vote in the European...
More of Kevin Brennan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff West
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Work and Pensions
- Teachers: Training
- Green Investment Bank: Privatisation
- Free Schools
- Kings Science Academy
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 17 Jan 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (also Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Further Education, Skills, Apprenticeships and Consumer Affairs) (also Department for Children, Schools and Families) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (Third Sector) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Children, Young People and Families) (29 Jun 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Alan Milburn, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster), Cabinet Office (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 19 Jan 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: England Rugby 2015 Ltd
Address of donor: Webb Ellis House, Rugby Road, Twickenham TW1 1DZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket, with hospitality, to Wales v Fiji at Cardiff Millennium Stadium
; value £495
Date received: 26 September 2015
Date accepted: 26 September 2015
Donor status: company, registration 07322743
(Registered 23 October 2015
Name of donor: News UK
& Ireland Ltd
Address of donor: 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket, with hospitality, to Australia v Wales at Twickenham; value £795
Date received: 10 October 2015
Date accepted: 10 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration 81701
(Registered 23 October 2015; updated 4 November 2015
Name of donor: Amec Foster Wheeler
Address of donor: Old Change House, 128 Queen Victoria St, London EC4V 4BJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to South Africa
v Wales at Twickenham; value £400
Date received: 17 October 2015
Date accepted: 17 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration 01675285
(Registered 23 October 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from