Will my right hon. Friend give way on that?
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what progress he has made on the pilot for the Green Investment Bank to manage funds on behalf of the International Climate Fund; and if he will set a date to launch the pilot.
Does my hon. Friend agree that linking oil prices to energy, and particularly heating bills, is nonsense given that we do not have any oil generation to speak of that generates electricity here in the UK—there is only maybe a tenuous link with heating oil? We should be focusing on driving down the cost of home-grown energy, particularly clean energy.
More of Gregory Barker's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bexhill and Battle
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- International Development
- Trade and Industry
- Energy and Climate Change
- Departmental Energy
- CDC Capital Partners
- Renewable Energy
- Climate Change
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (13 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Environment), Energy and Climate Change (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Energy and Climate Change (7 Oct 2008 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (6 Jul 2007 to 7 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Minister (the Environment), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gregory Barker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 498 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
1. Remunerated directorships
Director, Flare View Ltd.; property investment company holding freehold property let to commercial tenants.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Received on 28 November 2014, £20,000 plus return airfare and hotel accommodation for providing strategic advice and consultancy to sovereign investment fund. Name and address of payer: Ras Al Khaimah Development LLC, Level 38 Julphar Commercial Tower, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE. Hours: 30 hrs approx. (Registered 15 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
Freehold commercial business park property in East Anglia
, from which I receive rental income.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Flare View Ltd;
(b) New European Property Holdings Ltd. (NEPH
(b) Igroland Ltd; owns and operates children’s entertainment centres in Ukraine.
(b) Mottra Ltd; food manufacture and distribution
(b) Hedleigh Mayfair Ltd (Investment property holdings, London W1) (Registered 30 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from