A selection of Richard Bacon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Details
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted very strongly for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Zero-hours contracts – Richard Bacon.
I am listening with great interest, but I hope my hon. Friend recognises the difference between, on the one hand, the unsurprising commercial considerations of commercial contractors making decisions in the short term, and on the other hand, the interests of this country, which are longer term. I am slightly uncomfortable with the language he is using about the choice being for the examining...
I have an eager eye on the clock and I will abide by what you have said, Madam Deputy Speaker. I wish to make a brief contribution. Some 10 days ago—two weeks ago—in my capacity as co-chair of the all-party group on Iran, I helped host five Members of the Iranian Parliament here in Westminster for most of a week. When we were not in Westminster, one of the most interesting trips...
More of Richard Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- NHS: Ict
- NHS: Information and Communications Technology
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Jan 2003 to 12 Mar 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 282 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Address of donor: Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return business class flights from London to Tehran- value: £1,319, hotel accommodation and meals – value: £464; total £1,783
Destination of visit: Tehran
Date of visit: 9-12 December 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend a conference in Tehran on ‘The World Against Violence and Extremism’ organised by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in my capacity as Co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Iran.
(Registered 19 March 2015)
I am a patron of Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope, a registered charity in England and Wales, No 1141287. During the course of visits to Africa I may undertake other engagements on behalf of the charity. (Registered 25 January 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from