Richard Bacon’s voting in Parliament
Richard Bacon is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Bacon sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Bacon almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
Richard Bacon generally voted against use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Bacon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Bacon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Bacon occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
No Fault Divorce Bill - 2nd reading – Richard Bacon.
The hon. Gentleman made an interesting point that police forces often think that an illegal eviction is a civil matter. If such an eviction is actually a criminal matter subject to prosecution, does he agree that it ought to be relatively simple for the Government to make it clear to police forces that it is a criminal matter and should be dealt with as part of their responsibilities to...
More of Richard Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- NHS: Ict
- NHS: Information and Communications Technology
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 7 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Jan 2003 to 12 Mar 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 291 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from