I am listening to my hon. Friend with great interest. He may not have noticed a news piece on the Al-Monitor website that was published on 4 November—only the day before yesterday—with the headline “Direct US-Iran banking channel could cement nuclear deal”. US and Iranian officials refused to comment on that piece, which says that the Americans are considering...
May I start by thanking my hon. Friend the Member for Wyre and Preston North (Mr Wallace) for his exceptional service until recently as the co-chair of the all-party parliamentary group on Iran? I was asked to replace him when he submitted to the purdah of the Government Whips Office. It is only fitting in this particular debate to describe his departure thus, given the root of the word...
I support the motion. Two years ago, when the Budget Responsibility and National Audit Act 2011 set up the chair of the National Audit Office, there were two chief concerns: to strengthen the governance of the National Audit Office in a way which, it was widely agreed, it could benefit from; and to ensure at the same time the continued statutory independence of the Comptroller and Auditor...
More of Richard Bacon's recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- NHS: Ict
- NHS: Information and Communications Technology
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 13 Mar 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 274 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
November 2013, received £150 for opening address given at procurement conference organised by Government Knowledge, on 10 September 2013. Address of payer: 1 Northumberland Avenue, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5BW. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 11 November 2013)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary China Group, sponsored by HSBC
, Arup, GKN
, Cambridge Assessment, John Swire & Sons and City of London.
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, Chinese visas, hotel, food and drink and transport; total cost £1,633
Destination of visit: Shanghai and surrounding area
Date of visit: 19-24 October 2013
Purpose of visit: to promote economic contacts between the UK
(Registered 7 November 2013)
I am a patron of Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope, a registered charity in England and Wales, No 1141287. During the course of visits to Africa I may undertake other engagements on behalf of the charity. (Registered 25 January 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from