Richard Bacon’s voting in Parliament
Richard Bacon is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Bacon sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Bacon almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
Richard Bacon generally voted against use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Bacon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Bacon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Bacon occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
No Fault Divorce – Richard Bacon.
When the Foreign Secretary sees the Israeli Prime Minister tomorrow, will he remind him that his own head of Mossad believes that the failure to solve the Palestinian conflict is a greater threat to Israeli security than a nuclear Iran?
May I assure the Minister that although I have had consistent pressure from my constituents on the issue of the broads for many years, that pressure has not been for elections? With respect to the right hon. Member for North Norfolk (Norman Lamb), who has now left the Chamber, I do not think that it is the most important issue. The pressure from my constituents comes from the constant...
More of Richard Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- NHS: Ict
- NHS: Information and Communications Technology
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 7 Jul 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 12 Jul 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Jan 2003 to 12 Mar 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 287 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
Name of donor: Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Address of donor: Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return business class flights from London to Tehran- value: £1,319, hotel accommodation and meals – value: £464; total £1,783
Destination of visit: Tehran
Date of visit: 9-12 December 2014
Purpose of visit: to attend a conference in Tehran on ‘The World Against Violence and Extremism’ organised by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in my capacity as Co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Iran.
(Registered 19 March 2015)
I am a patron of Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope, a registered charity in England and Wales, No 1141287. During the course of overseas visits I may from time to time undertake engagements on behalf of the charity (Updated 26 May 2015).
(Registered 25 January 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from