Richard Bacon’s voting in Parliament
Richard Bacon is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Bacon sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Bacon almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Bacon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Bacon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Bacon has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
No Fault Divorce Bill - 2nd reading – Richard Bacon.
Will my hon. Friend give way?
I thought I would try to get there before my hon. Friend started his peroration. He reminded me of a meeting I had with the Italian Minister for productive activities in Rome some years ago. Curiously enough, he was not responsible for fertility in Italy, although one might have thought he was. Because I cannot stay until the end of the debate, I felt inhibited from making a speech, but I...
More of Richard Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- NHS: Ict
- NHS: Information and Communications Technology
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 7 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Jan 2003 to 12 Mar 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Richard Bacon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.60% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 301 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from