How John Robertson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Get email notifications when John Robertson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Robertson never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Labour MP for Glasgow North West
Entered House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Also represented Glasgow Anniesland
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Personal Independence Payment
- Universal Credit
Currently held offices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Dr Kim Howells, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (before 10 Nov 2005 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 76 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Robertson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 457 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from