A selection of John Robertson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Robertson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Robertson’s full vote analysis page for more.
The best way to get the tax contribution is to give people real jobs with real pay; then we will get the money in.
Does the hon. Gentleman think it right for a Government to take money from a city where a lot is paid in rates—with people from outside the area coming into it—and then spread it around the rest of the country?
It might be better if the right hon. Gentleman switched party, rather than energy supplier. Is not part of the problem with cost down to the fact that we have companies that generate electricity selling it to themselves, which allows them to hike the prices paid by consumers? People need those prices to come down in order to heat their homes. Why not just split those roles completely to...
More of John Robertson’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glasgow North West
Entered the House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Glasgow Anniesland
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Personal Independence Payment
- Universal Credit
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (21 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Dr Kim Howells, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (10 Nov 2005 to 16 Oct 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (4 Mar 2003 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all John Robertson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 470 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from