I thank the Prime Minister for his statement on Tunisia, and for the measures he has taken so far and the measures he is proposing. Three generations of one family from Tipton and Wednesbury have been killed in this atrocity. The impact on their relatives and the local community has been absolutely devastating, and, unfortunately, I am sure that that will be reflected in other families and...
I am glad my hon. Friend has raised this point. Does she agree that in the past, the careers service has been looked upon as a sort of bolt-on to the education service, whereas in fact an effective, well informed, professional careers service is vital for challenging young people not only in their best interests, but in the best interests of the economy as a whole?
I join others in welcoming the hon. Lady to her new role. The sale price of Royal Mail shares last night— £5 per share—totally vindicates the cross-party conclusion of the former Business, Innovation and Skills Committee that Royal Mail shares were underpriced in the original sale. One reason was the over-reliance on institutional investors and the under-participation of the...
More of Adrian Bailey’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for West Bromwich West
Entered the House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005; Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
- Vocational Training
- Criminal Investigation: Cyprus
- Metals: Recycling
- General Practitioners
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 23 Nov 2009)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (28 Jun 2007 to 29 Sep 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Hilary Armstrong, Minister of State (Cabinet)), Cabinet Office (8 May 2006 to 20 Nov 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Hutton, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Adrian Bailey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 288 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from