To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how much HM Courts and Tribunal Service spent on interpreters in 2011, 2012 and 2013; how much was spent on interpreting each language in those years; and how much was paid by defendants towards these costs.
My hon. Friend makes a very good point. In the last but one Foreign Office questions, I asked the Foreign Secretary what the fact that NATO has a co-operation agreement with Ukraine means, and he gave the impression that I was asking for war. I was not asking for war; I just wanted to put the military options on the table.
Russia’s military deployment into Ukrainian territory is extremely disturbing and without justification. That invasion is reminiscent of the Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia. I was just a boy at the time but I can still remember those events in 1968. It took nearly 30 years to get the Soviets out of Czechoslovakia. The only difference in the case of the recent invasion by Russia is...
More of Mark Hendrick's recent appearances
Labour MP for Preston
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Education and Skills
- Food Banks
- Transport Services (Preston)
- Schools: Preston
- Employment Statistics (Preston)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Lord Chancellor & Secretary of State), Ministry of Justice (30 Dec 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Lord Chancellor), Ministry of Justice (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Beckett, Secretary of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Beckett, Secretary of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (before 10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (to 14 Jun 2004)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Beckett, Secretary of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 58 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Hendrick’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 183 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.