To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many members of the armed forces have been made redundant in (a) Preston, (b) Lancashire and (c) the North West in (i) 2010, (ii) 2011, (iii) 2012, (iv) 2013 and (v) 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people in Preston constituency applied for hardship payments in 2014; and how many of those applications were successful.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what estimate he has made of how many jobs his Department (a) directly and (b) indirectly supports through its supply chain in (i) the North West, (ii) Lancashire and (iii) Preston.
More of Mark Hendrick’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Preston
Entered House of Commons on 23 November 2000 — Byelection
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Social Security Benefits: Preston
- Food Banks
- Courts: Lancashire
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (18 Jun 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Lord Chancellor & Secretary of State), Ministry of Justice (30 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jack Straw, Lord Chancellor), Ministry of Justice (28 Jun 2007 to 27 Nov 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Beckett, Secretary of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Beckett, Secretary of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Beckett, Secretary of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (25 Jan 2001 to 14 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 216 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 195 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The Taipei Representative Office in the UK
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): the approximate amount includes accommodation £600, food £300 and return flights £2,400; total £3,300
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Date of visit: 26 July-2 August 2014
Purpose of visit: As part of the British-Taiwanese APPG
, to promote the understanding of Taiwan and strengthen UK-Taiwan relations.
(Registered 1 September 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from