Wigan has 19 Sure Start centres. Beech Hill primary school is following Westfield, Woodfield and Canon Sharples schools in being rebuilt, and all our secondary schools are being rebuilt through the Building Schools for the Future programme. Can my right hon. Friend guarantee that any Government led by him will continue to invest in our children, the citizens of my constituency and our country?
What assessment he has made of the implications for his Department's policies of the outcomes of the London G20 summit.
Will the Minister expand on that, and tell us whether any countries had been planning for that, and if they were, whether they thought that that was fiscally responsible and their patriotic duty?
More of Neil Turner’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Wigan
Entered House of Commons on 23 September 1999 — Byelection
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Health Services
- Policing/Crime Statistics
- Employment Statistics (Wigan)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (10 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jim Murphy, Secretary of State), Scotland Office (16 Oct 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Mr Jim Murphy, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Ian McCartney, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Ian McCartney, Minister of State), Department of Trade and Industry (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Ian McCartney, Minister without Portfolio), Minister Without Portfolio (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Ian McCartney, Minister without Portfolio), Minister Without Portfolio (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 96 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from