To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how many local authorities affected by the recent floods are offering council tax discounts to flooded-out householders under section 13A of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how self-reported data from local authorities on the Troubled Families programme is audited.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how the £320 million Transformation Challenge Award for 2014-15 and 2015-16 will be funded; and whether it will be top-sliced from existing grants.
More of Hilary Benn's recent appearances
Labour MP for Leeds Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Empty Property
- Housing: Construction
- Local Government Finance
- Written Questions: Government Responses
- Planning Permission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (26 Jan 2011 to 7 Dec 2011)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Jun 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for International Development (5 Oct 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State, Department for International Development (13 May 2003 to 5 Oct 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (29 May 2002 to 13 May 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for International Development (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 160 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 197 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Hilary Benn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1019 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.