To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, with reference to his letter of 18 January 2015 to Muslim faith leaders, what assessment he has made of the capacity of (a) LawWorks and (b) the Bar Pro Bono Unit to provide free legal advice to organisations experiencing problems with preachers of hate.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, with reference to his letter of 18 January 2015 to Muslim faith leaders, what recent discussions he has had with (a) LawWorks and (b) the Bar Pro Bono Unit on this matter.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, with reference to his letter of 18 January 2015 to Muslim faith leaders, what assessment he has made of whether all organisations that are at risk of experiencing problems with preachers of hate would meet the eligibility criteria applied by (a) LawWorks and (b) the Bar Pro Bono Unit for providing free legal advice.
More of Hilary Benn's recent appearances
Labour MP for Leeds Central
Entered House of Commons on 10 June 1999 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Written Questions: Government Responses
- Written Questions
- Housing: Construction
- Local Government Finance
- Empty Property
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (26 Jan 2011 to 7 Dec 2011)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Jun 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for International Development (5 Oct 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State, Department for International Development (13 May 2003 to 5 Oct 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (29 May 2002 to 13 May 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for International Development (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 256 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 210 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Hilary Benn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1033 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 16 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part-owner of house and small nature reserve in Essex. (Updated 24 November 2014)
Part–owner of flat in London. (Registered 24 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from