How Hilary Benn voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Hilary Benn hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if he will place in the Library all responses to his Department's consultation on local authority parking.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what assessment she has made of the causes of delays in issuing passports; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government pursuant to the answer of 7 July 2014, Official Report, column 118W, on housing construction, whether he anticipates that affordable housing starts will rise or fall in 2014-15 compared to 2013-14.
More of Hilary Benn's recent appearances
Labour MP for Leeds Central
Entered House of Commons on 10 June 1999 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Housing: Construction
- Written Questions: Government Responses
- Empty Property
- Local Government Finance
- Planning Permission
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (26 Jan 2011 to 7 Dec 2011)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Jun 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for International Development (5 Oct 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State, Department for International Development (13 May 2003 to 5 Oct 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (29 May 2002 to 13 May 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for International Development (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 188 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 201 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Hilary Benn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1021 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 16 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part-owner of small nature reserve in Essex.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.