How Mike Wood voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted moderately against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted moderately against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mike Wood occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what the average time taken was by each arm of the Armed Forces to make serving personnel available to the civilian police in connection with criminal investigations in the most recent period for which figures are available; and how many approaches the civilian police have made to the Armed Forces for access to serving personnel in relation to...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what process the civilian police must follow when attempting to arrest, summons or charge a serving member of the armed forces in connection with indictable offences.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many serving military personnel have been arrested and charged with indictable offences by civilian police forces in each of the last five years.
More of Mike Wood's recent appearances
Labour MP for Batley and Spen
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Drugs: Rehabilitation
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Immigration: Detention Centres
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 1 Mar 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 44.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Wood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 29 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.