How Mike Wood voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Mike Wood speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mike Wood occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, how many (a) external and (b) Civil Service appointees have worked in ministerial offices in his Department (i) since May 2010 and (ii) between May 2005 and May 2010.
Will the Minister give way?
Is the Minister happy that the mediation process, which started on one basis, is now being interpreted on a completely different one by the Post Office? As a result, the vast majority of cases listed as going through the process will be excluded and never get to mediation. Is the Minister happy about that?
More of Mike Wood's recent appearances
Labour MP for Batley and Spen
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Drugs: Rehabilitation
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Immigration: Detention Centres
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 1 Mar 2011)
- Member, Broadcasting (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 43.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Wood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from