How David Wilshire voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
See more votes David Wilshire has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
David Wilshire occasionally rebelled against their party in their last parliament
Welcome back, Minister.
It will indeed be the last time.
Order. I am sorry to interrupt the Minister, but he went past a full stop, so I have to call a halt to the debate.
More of David Wilshire's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Spelthorne
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust
- Ashford (Middlesex) Hospital
- Hospital Trusts (West Surrey)
- Flood Defence
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 44.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 562 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from