Occasionally rebels against their party in their last parliament
How David Wilshire voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted very strongly against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately against a smoking banDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Has never voted on increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly against equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted very strongly against the hunting banDetails
- Voted strongly against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
Welcome back, Minister.
It will indeed be the last time.
Order. I am sorry to interrupt the Minister, but he went past a full stop, so I have to call a halt to the debate.
More of David Wilshire's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Spelthorne
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust
- Ashford (Middlesex) Hospital
- Hospital Trusts (West Surrey)
- Flood Defence
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Assistant Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 44.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 562 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)