Since June 2014 this Government has: - Appointed Dr Ros Altmann CBE as the Business Champion for Older Workers to actively promote the business case and benefits of employing older workers, seeking to engage and influence both strategically and in terms of practical advice. Dr Altmann has engaged with over 80 organisations and attended numerous events and speaking engagements. Ministers...
Funding for councils is developed on a local volumes basis, in the light of OBR forecasts an average has not yet been calculated.
There has been no estimate as we do not know what people would have claimed if the limit was higher. However, it is vital that the Government ensures that any scheme funded by the taxpayer is managed properly and the money spent wisely. The funding offered from both Social Fund Funeral Expenses Payments and Budgeting Loans continues support towards the cost of a funeral, including necessary...
More of Steve Webb's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Thornbury and Yate
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Northavon
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Benefit Fraud
- Tax Credits
- Pension Credit
- Child Support Agency
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (8 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (7 Oct 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Energy and Climate Change (7 Oct 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (20 Dec 2007 to 7 Oct 2008)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (20 Dec 2007 to 7 Oct 2008)
- Chair of the Election Manifesto Group, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (27 Jul 2007 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health, Health (1 Jun 2005 to 19 Dec 2006)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (10 May 2005 to 10 Mar 2006)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Work & Pensions (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (31 Jan 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.87% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 91 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 136 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Webb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1267 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from