A selection of Dave Watts's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted moderately for more EU integration Details
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Dave Watts occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make it his policy to implement the meningitis B vaccine in 2015.
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that nothing can justify cruelty to animals, and that that has little to do with religion and more to do with cultural history? That practice would have been introduced when stunning was not available, so is it time for everyone to move on and accept that we should not be unnecessarily cruel to animals in the food chain?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if she will make an assessment of the effect of domestic violence on children.
More of Dave Watts’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for St Helens North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Combat Clothing
- Local Government Finance
- West Coast Main Line
- Middle East
Other offices held in the past
- Member, House of Commons Governance Committee (16 Oct 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Jul 2012)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 18 Jun 2012)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 10 Oct 2005)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Prescott, Deputy Prime Minister), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (14 Nov 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 9 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Address of donor: C/O Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office, 6 Grafton Street, London W1S 4EQ
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, in-country transport, accommodation and meals with a total value of £10,567.37.
Destination of visit: Hong Kong
Date of visit: 25-31 May 2014
Purpose of visit: All Party Parliamentary China Group delegation to understand more about the political and economic environment in Hong Kong and the progress towards universal suffrage and to engage with and support bids by British business.
(Registered 24 June 2014, updated 30 June 2014)
8. Land and Property
Flat in London, from which rental income is received. (Registered 16 January 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from