I beg to move, That the Bill be now read the Third time. This Bill will bring about a much-needed overhaul of our criminal law as it applies to bribery. With the Bill on the statue book, we can be proud that United Kingdom law in this area will provide a benchmark for other countries, and with it this country will set the gold standard-I used that term in Committee-for our international...
We had a good opportunity in Committee to debate the important issues relating to consent to prosecution. The hon. Member for Huntingdon (Mr. Djanogly) argued in Committee, as he has done here, that the offences under the Bill are sufficiently serious to justify vesting responsibility for consenting to a prosecution to the Attorney-General rather than to the director of the relevant...
The requested information is shown in the following tables: The number of persons proceeded against at magistrates courts and found guilty at all courts for selected offences, England and Wales, 2006 to 2008( 1, 2, 3) 2006 2007 Statute Offence description Proceeded against Found guilty Sentenced Proceeded against Found guilty Sentenced 10822 Badgers Act...
More of Claire Ward's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Watford
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Croxley Rail Link
- Middle East
- Anti-social Behaviour Orders
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Justice (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Feb 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Selection Committee (9 Oct 2008 to 10 Aug 2009)
- Government Whip (technically Vice Chamberlain, HM Household) (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (8 May 2006 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Assistant Whip (funded by HM Treasury) (11 May 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon John Hutton, Minister of State), Department of Health (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 127 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
30-31 January 2009, to Berlin to visit the Total Hydrogen Station, to discuss hydrogen fuel projects. Flights, accommodation and hospitality provided by Total UK
, Watford. (Registered 27 February 2009)
13-21 February 2009, to Kenya, as speaker
at the Sigma Independent Retail Pharmacists Conference, accompanied by my husband. Flights, travel, accommodation and hospitality were provided by Sigma Pharmaceuticals
(Watford), who received sponsorship for the conference from a large number of generic drug and retail pharmacist companies. (Registered 27 February 2009)
Name of donor: Sigma Pharmaceuticals plc
Address of donor: Colonial Way, Watford WD24 4JU
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Flights, accommodation, travel and hospitality for me and my husband; value £4500
Destination of visit: China
Date of visit: 10-22 February 2010
Purpose of visit: to speak at Sigma Conference for independent retail pharmacists and generic drug manufacturers
(Registered 23 March 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.