To ask the Secretary of State for Health pursuant to the answer to the hon. Member for Birkenhead, of 5 March 2014, Official Report, column 886W, on thalidomide, if he will make representations to his German counterpart on compensation from Grünenthal to UK victims of thalidomide.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many vehicles have been crushed as a result of Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency database errors since July 2013.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will request the Driving Standards Agency and Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency to waive charges arising from car seizures as a result of database classification errors.
More of Joan Walley's recent appearances
Labour MP for Stoke-on-Trent North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Relocation
- Refurbishment Projects
- Departmental Contracts
Other offices held in the past
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (20 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (6 Mar 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 75 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Joan Walley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 486 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participating in opinion research panel.
£75 received 28 March 2013. Hours: 40 mins (Registered 5 April 2013)
£75 received on 24 May 2013. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 7 June 2013)
£75 received on 15 November 2013. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 21 November 2013)
£75 received on 15 January 2014. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 3 March 2014)
£75 received on 5 March 2014. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 14 March 2014)
Payment from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT:
£80 received 20 November 2013. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 29 November 2013)
A researcher in my office provides part-time support to the All-Party Parliamentary Lighting Group of which I am Joint Chair, for which he is paid by the Lighting Industry Federation. (Updated 13 January 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.