The Minister for the Armed Forces will know that, with the support of the North Staffordshire chamber of commerce, I had arranged to visit the west Mercian Regiment in Fallingbostel in the spirit of the armed forces covenant. Unfortunately, the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority did not approve the designated journey. Given that IPSA, after representations from various people, has...
I was going to make a long speech, but in view of the time left and all that has been said, I will condense the important points that arise—as the hon. Member for Truro and Falmouth (Sarah Newton), whom I congratulate on securing the debate, said—from the work done by the Environmental Audit Committee, not just in one report, which is authoritative, but in the follow-up report on...
I would say this, wouldn’t I, but the work record of the worker bees on the Environmental Audit Committee is second to none. It is worthy, perhaps, of a detailed meeting with the Minister before he finalises and signs off the national pollinator strategy. We still have concerns, some of which I think are echoed by the organisations that contributed. We welcome the work that has been...
More of Joan Walley's recent appearances
Labour MP for Stoke-on-Trent North
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Relocation
- Refurbishment Projects
- Departmental Contracts
Currently held offices
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (20 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (6 Mar 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Joan Walley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 500 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participating in opinion research panel:
£75 received on 15 November 2013. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 21 November 2013)
£75 received on 15 January 2014. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 3 March 2014)
£75 received on 5 March 2014. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 14 March 2014)
£75 received on 29 April 2014. Hours 40mins. (Registered 9 May 2014)
£75 received on 6 June 2014. Hours 40mins. (Registered 12 June 2014)
£75 received on 1 August 2014. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 8 August 2014)
Payment from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT:
£80 received 20 November 2013. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 29 November 2013)
Payment from Populus Ltd
, 10 Northborough Street, London EC1V 0AT, for participating in opinion research panel:
£75 received on 21 July 2014. Hours: 40 mins. (Registered 8 August 2014)
A researcher in my office provides part-time support to the All-Party Parliamentary Lighting Group of which I am Joint Chair, for which he is paid by the Lighting Industry Federation. (Updated 13 January 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from