To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether she has made a decision on the application of the Mayor of London for the use of water cannon in London.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what recent representations she has received on police pensions.
Of the 1,271 cases, 11% involve victims who are under the age of 16. In the last Parliament, the Select Committee on Home Affairs specifically asked the Education Secretary to write to every headteacher to make them aware of this problem, especially before the summer holidays. Has this been done? If not, can it be done?
More of Keith Vaz’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Leicester East
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Constitutional Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Public Bodies
- Public Appointments
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (13 Jan 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (26 Jul 2007 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Home Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2007 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (25 Jul 2007 to 26 Jul 2007)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2003 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (11 Oct 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Lord Chancellor's Department) (17 May 1999 to 28 Jul 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 26 Oct 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 99 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 148 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 48.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 68 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Vaz’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1342 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from