I welcome the Home Secretary’s statement, which is very much in keeping with the recommendations made by the Select Committee over a number of years. Through her, may I welcome the new Minister for Policing, Criminal Justice and Victims to his Front-Bench post? The Committee considered the case of the right hon. Member for Sutton Coldfield (Mr Mitchell), a 30-second incident that has...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what the average salary gap is between women and men in his Department.
More of Keith Vaz's recent appearances
Labour MP for Leicester East
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Constitutional Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Public Bodies
- Public Appointments
- Bonus Payments
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (2 Feb 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (14 Jan 2010 to 19 Jan 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (8 Sep 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Home Affairs Committee (8 Aug 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Minister of State (Europe), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (11 Oct 1999 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Lord Chancellor's Department (17 May 1999 to 11 Oct 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 121 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 157 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 68 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Keith Vaz’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1282 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Fees from ITV
, 11th Floor, The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT, for appearing on ‘This Morning
Fee for appearance on 27 August 2013. Hours: 15 mins, plus 2 hrs travel. (Registered 10 September 2013)
8. Land and Property
I own a property at 144 Uppingham Road, Leicester, which is used as my constituency
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
I own a house in Leicester which is part rented.
I am invited from time to time into the directors’ box at Leicester City Football Club
to watch matches. The annual value of this benefit is below registrable value.
Barrister (not practising).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.