Andrew Tyrie campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel - email them now.
Andrew Tyrie’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Tyrie is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Tyrie sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Tyrie generally voted against allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Tyrie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Tyrie’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Tyrie has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Chancellor has introduced a subsidy for peer-to-peer lending tax relief on ISAs, which is a high-risk, high-return market. Most people support the intention, which is to increase competition in the SME lending market, but many are becoming concerned that some of these loans are being marketed to those who cannot reasonably be expected to understand the risks. What is the Treasury doing to...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what provision has been made for moving the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) from Chichester Magistrates' Court when that Court is closed.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what assessment his Department has made of the potential effect of closing the Chichester Combined Court Centre and Chichester Magistrates' Court on the work of (a) Chichester constabulary, (b) Chichester District Council and (c) other local services.
More of Andrew Tyrie’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chichester
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Special Advisers
- Political Parties: Finance
- Departmental Ministerial Policy Advisers
- London Airports
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 14 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 14 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Treasury Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 14 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Treasury Sub-committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Treasury Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (11 Jan 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 11 Jan 2010)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 9 Jun 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Paymaster General (1 Jun 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Financial Secretary (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Member, Treasury Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 8 Dec 2003)
- Member, Treasury Sub-committee (7 Jun 2001 to 8 Dec 2003)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1997 to 22 Jul 1997)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (6 Jun 1997 to 31 Mar 2015)
- Member, Treasury Sub-committee (6 Jun 1997 to 12 Jul 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from