I congratulate the right hon. Member for Mid Dorset and North Poole (Annette Brooke) on securing this debate and thank the Backbench Business Committee for granting it. I pay tribute to the work that the right hon. Lady has done on this matter throughout her time in this House, including the questions that she has raised as parliamentary champion for Save the Children. The Save the Children...
To ask the Secretary of State for Education if she will publish all information her Department has collated on attainment at Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4 in all GCSE subjects for all pupils eligible for the pupil premium in maintained schools in the last four years.
One of the ways in which the last Government sought to address this issue was the London Challenge, which, as the Minister will know, had a very positive impact on the achievement gap in London. What lessons does he think can be drawn from it for the rest of the country?
More of Stephen Twigg's recent appearances
Labour MP for Liverpool, West Derby
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Enfield, Southgate
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Free Schools
- Electoral Register
- Reading: Primary Education
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Political and Constitutional Reform) (Justice)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Education (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (School Standards), Department for Education and Skills (17 Dec 2004 to 11 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Schools), Department for Education and Skills (29 May 2002 to 17 Dec 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Privy Council Office (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Twigg’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 320 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
(b) Support in the capacity as an MP
(b) Name of donor: Laing O’Rourke Services Ltd
(b) Address of donor: Admirals Park, Dartford DA2 6SN
(b) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: venue hire, printing, leaflet delivery and refreshments for West Derby Jobs Fair held on 31 October 2013; total £3,000.
(b) Date of receipt: 17 October 2013
(b) Date of acceptance: 17 October 2013
(b) Donor status: company, registration 04364919
(b) (Registered 31 October 2013; updated 14 November 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from