Does Derek Twigg respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Derek Twigg responded to a
high proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Derek Twigg’s voting in Parliament
Derek Twigg is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Derek Twigg sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Derek Twigg generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Derek Twigg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Derek Twigg’s full vote analysis page for more.
Derek Twigg has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I want to place on record my condemnation of the terrible attacks in Orlando. It seems that ISIS is being pushed back in certain parts of the middle east and we are seeing fighters fleeing from its strongholds, a number of whom are coming across to Europe, and some may come back to the UK, Given that, is the Secretary of State satisfied that extra measures are in place to deal with this...
BHS 6 Jun 2016
It would have been useful to have heard from the Minister how long the investigations will take to conclude, because people will be worried about their jobs and pensions in the meantime. Referring back to the question of my right hon. Friend the Member for Birkenhead (Frank Field), when did the Minister last meet the administrators? What discussions has she had with them about what stores...
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many children were excluded from academy schools in Halton in each year since 2010.
More of Derek Twigg’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Halton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Non-departmental Public Bodies
- General Practitioners
- NHS: Standards
- Personal Independence Payment
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (since 15 Jul 2015)
- Chair, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (since 15 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (1 Jul 2013 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (6 Sep 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Schools) (16 Dec 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 Jun 2003 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Jun 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for opinion surveys.
11 July 2015
, received payment of £200 in respect of the Ipsos MORI Survey of MPs Summer 2015. Hours: 1.5 hours. (Registered 24 July 2015)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from