I welcome the Secretary of State’s statement and his comments about the right to self-determination for the Falkland islanders. It is very important that we emphasise that. On the £180 million that will be spent, when will the refurbishment of the harbour start and finish?
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people in Halton constituency waited more than (a) one month, (b) three and (c) six months for a decision on their personal independence payment claim in the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many people have had a stroke or a transient ischemic attack in each clinical commissioning group area since April 2012.
More of Derek Twigg’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Halton
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Department of Health
- Home Department
- Non-departmental Public Bodies
- General Practitioners
- Personal Independence Payment
- Energy: Prices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (1 Jul 2013 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (27 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (6 Sep 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Schools) (16 Dec 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 Jun 2003 to 16 Dec 2004)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 10 Jun 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 49 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 431 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from