To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs when he or his officials last met representatives of the recycling industry to discuss local authorities' performance against recycling targets.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (1) how much waste was recycled in each (a) district council, (b) borough council, (c) unitary authority and (d) other local authority area in the West Midlands in the latest period for which figures are available; and if he will make a statement; (2) how much waste was recycled in each (a) district council, (b)...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what assessment he has made of the extent to which the recycling industry can contribute towards meeting Courtauld II recycling targets in local authority areas; and if he will make a statement.
More of Desmond Turner's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Brighton, Kemptown
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Medical Technologies
- National Grid
- Medical Equipment: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (20 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (27 Apr 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 150 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
6. Overseas visits
22-24 March 2009, to Taiwan to attend a conference as an invited speaker
at the invitation of the Asian Strategic Alliance against Pneumococcal Disease (ASAP
). Flights, accommodation and transfers were paid for by the ASAP. (Registered 14 May 2009)
Address of donor: John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £2,342.39
Date of visit: 29 October to 2 November 2009
Purpose of visit: to speak at a seminar being held in connection with the first World Pneumonia Day
(Registered 10 February 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.