Quite often rebels against their party in their last parliament
How Paul Truswell voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted moderately for a smoking banDetails
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for the hunting banDetails
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately for equal gay rightsDetails
- Has never voted on increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly against an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Voted moderately for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cardsDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change when he expects the national policy statements on energy to come into effect.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government when he expects to publish the guidance to local authorities on National Policy Statements referred to by Baroness Andrews on 18 November 2008, Official Report, House of Lords, column 1019.
My right hon. Friend is talking about other ways for police forces and authorities to raise revenue. Did his Committee look at the possibility of giving police authorities greater powers to raise the full cost of policing major events such as music festivals and large sporting fixtures?
More of Paul Truswell's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Pudsey
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Health Services (Leeds)
- Bus Services
- Housing Benefit
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 128 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)