How Jon Trickett voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately against university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Get email notifications when Jon Trickett speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jon Trickett occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what reports his Department has received of theft of metal and other valuable items from HMS Repulse and HMS Prince of Wales which were sunk off the coast of Malaysia in December 1941.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps his Department is taking with the Malaysia authorities with the aim of preventing inappropriate activity on the wrecks of HMS Repulse and HMS Prince of Wales.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what oversight mechanisms are in place to ensure that prisoners in private prisons are safe from violence.
More of Jon Trickett's recent appearances
Labour MP for Hemsworth
Entered House of Commons on 1 February 1996 — unknown
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Cabinet Office
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Security
- Vodafone Group
- Departmental Freedom of Information
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister without Portfolio and Deputy Party Chair
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Gordon Brown, Prime Minister), Prime Minister's Office (6 Oct 2008 to unknown)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 6 Jun 2006)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jon Trickett’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 166 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 23 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
Until late September 2012 I had a residential property in London, owned jointly with my wife, from which rental income was received. (Registered 14 October 2011; updated 28 January 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from