How Mark Todd voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for more EU integration Source
See more votes Mark Todd has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mark Todd occasionally rebelled against their party in their last parliament
One of the best means of reducing fuel poverty is tough regulation of the energy marketplace. Has the Minister read with the same concern as I had the report by Consumer Focus into the performance of Ofgem in regulating npower's price-sculpting mechanism and assure me that a future Government will take a more robust approach to the rather flaccid efforts of this regulator?
In my speech on the proposed reforms of House procedures, I referred to my disappointment that the Committee that sponsored those changes had not been asked to consider the role of MPs-and nor had it sought to be asked to do so. I then touched on my family experience-my grandfather was a Member in the 1930s-and my understanding of the traditionally understood role of an MP as defined by...
More of Mark Todd's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for South Derbyshire
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Miners' Compensation
- Child Support Agency
- Departmental Temporary Employment
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- National Identity Register
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 112 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 32 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 247 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from